Arlington CVB Press Kits
Tourism Impact Research
Longwoods International has completed the 2017 Visitor Report for the Arlington CVB that includes figures from Texas Travel Impact Data, Texas Tourism, Office of Governor, 2016 Tourism Economics, 2017 Dean Runyan Assoicaltes, and U.S. Travel Association.The anaylsis focused only on the 2017 travel year and the highlights of those findings are below.
- In 2017, Arlington had nearly 14.5 million visitors
- Generated $1.4 billion in economic impact
- Tourism jobs account for 10% of all private employment in Arlington
- Higher than the national average, over half of trips were planned two months or less before the trip
- Without tourism tax revenue, each household would pay $1,300 more in taxes.